- GRAPES: Primitivo
- APPELLATION PUGLIA IGT
- PRODUCTION AREA: Apulia Region, Salento area: Province of Lecce, Taranto, Brindisi
- CLIMATE: Warm and temperate, with significant rainfall all year round. During the summer the African winds cause rapid and marked rise of the thermometer and high temperature variation
- HARVEST: Second half of August
- STORAGE TIME: 4 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 18-20 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14% Vol
- Intense purple colour
- This wine has a pleasant, characteristic and ethereal bouquet
- Fruity, with notes of plums cherry marmalade and tobacco; spicy with an aftertaste of cocoa, coffee and vanilla.
- Great wine for roasted and grilled meats. Ideal with game dishes. Excellent with mature hard cheeses
Vinification is carried out using the traditional “submerged cap” system, carefully controlled in order to extract delicate tannins and varietal fruit characteristics.
During the maturation phase in stainless steel tanks, in wood and bottle, these evolve to reach their highest possible levels. Maceration lasts for 12-15 days at controlled temperatures not exceeding 25°C.