- GRAPES: Glera
- APPELLATION PROSECCO ASOLO DOCG SUPERIORE
- PRODUCTION AREA: Veneto
- CLIMATE: Temperate, mitigated by the sea, the chain of the Alps protects it from the northern winds. Winters are cold and wet, summers are hot and sultry with medium temperature excursions.
- HARVEST: Second half of September
- STORAGE TIME: 2 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 8/10 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 11% Vol
- The colour is a straw shade of yellow
- Reflecting springs rays of sunshine while the flavour
- Balanced with delicate fruity notes, a low acidity and a moderate alcohol content
- Excellent with vegetable or seafood starters, various kind of soups, risotto and first courses with vegetables, or light fish based dishes. Ideal as aperitif
The soft pressed juice is stored in stainless steel tanks for static cold decanting. Once the clean juice is racked and inoculated with selected yeasts, it will go through fermentation at a controlled constant temperature of 18°C within 8/10 days.
After a storage period, the winemaker studies a skilled coupage to achieve the Prosecco Spumante base cuvée.
Subsequently the base wine is filtered and additioned of saccharose and selected yeasts to undergo second fermentation (Martinotti – Charmat method) at a controlled temperature of 14-15°C in a pressure tank. Once required pressure, alcohol and sugar level are reached the wine is refrigerated, cold stabilized (-2/-3°C), filtered and controlled before bottling.