- GRAPES: Glera
- APPELLATION VALDOBBIADENE PROSECCO SUPERIORE DOCG
- PRODUCTION AREA: Veneto
- CLIMATE: Temperate, mitigated by the sea, the chain of the Alps protects it from the northern winds. Winters are cold and wet, summers are hot and sultry with medium temperature excursions.
- HARVEST: Second half of September
- STORAGE TIME: 2 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 8/10 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 11% Vol
- Pale light yellow colour with typical crisp and delicate perlage
- Complex bouquet with fruity notes of peach, green apple with scents of acacia and lilac
- Fresh and light on the palate, with balanced acidity and body; harmonic with a long persistent aftertaste
- Ideal as an aperitif, it is a perfect combination to hors-d’oeuvres and delicate first courses. Also wonderful with sushi, fish and shellfish
The soft pressed juice is stored in stainless steel tanks for static cold decanting. Once the clean juice is racked and inoculated with selected yeasts, it will go through fermentation at a controlled constant temperature of 18°C within 8/10 days.
After a storage period, the winemaker studies a skilled coupage to achieve the Prosecco Spumante base cuvée.
Subsequently the base wine is filtered and additioned of saccharose and selected yeasts to undergo second fermentation (Martinotti – Charmat method) at a controlled temperature of 14-15°C in a pressure tank. Once required pressure, alcohol and sugar level are reached the wine is refrigerated, cold stabilized (-2/-3°C), filtered and controlled before bottling.