Velarino The Velarino, or curtain, has been in use since ancient Rome. Every theater has one and its function is well-known: to separate the stage from the hall, and therefore from the audience. It is not only a cloth but often, being an integral part of the structure that houses it, it is decorated with precious trimmings and embroidery: a true work of art, as the magnificent Velarino of the Teatro La Fenice in Venice. But the play starts only when the curtain opens. The expectation that rises in those few minutes of admiration of the velvet and of the ornaments of the curtain is essential to appreciate the representation that will begin shortly thereafter; the same holds true when a bottle of red wine is being opened: it is held in the hand, carefully observed in its beauty and elegance and finally uncorked. The curtain is now open and the harmony and velvety red wines of the Velarino line can now be tasted.
Vermentino Puglia IGT
- GRAPES: Vermentino
- APPELLATION PUGLIA IGT
- PRODUCTION AREA: Apulia
- CLIMATE: The climate is warm and temperate, with abundant rainfall throughout the year. In summer, the African winds cause a rapid and marked rise in temperatures with significant temperature fluctuations.
- HARVEST: End September
- STORAGE TIME: 2 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 10/12 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12,5% Vol
- Straw yellow with green reflections
- Fruity aromas, notes of cedar and white peach, apricot and apple
- On the palate it is warm with a well balanced acidity
- Ideal for enhancing Mediterranean dishes based on fish and shellfish
The grapes are soft-pressed and the must obtained ferments for 15/20 days at a controlled temperature, 15/17 °C, in steel tanks. The wine is then stored at 18/20 °C in steel tanks until the bottling time.