Velarino The Velarino, or curtain, has been in use since ancient Rome. Every theater has one and its function is well-known: to separate the stage from the hall, and therefore from the audience. It is not only a cloth but often, being an integral part of the structure that houses it, it is decorated with precious trimmings and embroidery: a true work of art, as the magnificent Velarino of the Teatro La Fenice in Venice. But the play starts only when the curtain opens. The expectation that rises in those few minutes of admiration of the velvet and of the ornaments of the curtain is essential to appreciate the representation that will begin shortly thereafter; the same holds true when a bottle of red wine is being opened: it is held in the hand, carefully observed in its beauty and elegance and finally uncorked. The curtain is now open and the harmony and velvety red wines of the Velarino line can now be tasted.
Susumaniello Salento IGT
- GRAPES: Susumaniello
- APPELLATION SALENTO IGT
- PRODUCTION AREA: Apulia
- CLIMATE: The climate is warm and temperate, with abundant rainfall throughout the year. In summer, the African winds cause a rapid and marked rise in temperatures with significant temperature fluctuations.
- HARVEST: Second decade of September
- STORAGE TIME: 8/10 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 18/20 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14,5% Vol
- Deep, dark red
- Perfumes of ripe, red fruits and purple flowers reach us and leave spicy notes of liquorice
- An elegant and determined taste of tannin
- Ideal with wild game and mature cheese
The grapes are harvested a light over-ripe. They are destemmed and crushed, then fermented in stainless steel tanks for about 10 days at the controlled temperature of 24-26°C. Skins are then kept in the wine for two more weeks of maceration. Once fermented and racked the wine is stored in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks until bottling.