Velarino The Velarino, or curtain, has been in use since ancient Rome. Every theater has one and its function is well-known: to separate the stage from the hall, and therefore from the audience. It is not only a cloth but often, being an integral part of the structure that houses it, it is decorated with precious trimmings and embroidery: a true work of art, as the magnificent Velarino of the Teatro La Fenice in Venice. But the play starts only when the curtain opens. The expectation that rises in those few minutes of admiration of the velvet and of the ornaments of the curtain is essential to appreciate the representation that will begin shortly thereafter; the same holds true when a bottle of red wine is being opened: it is held in the hand, carefully observed in its beauty and elegance and finally uncorked. The curtain is now open and the harmony and velvety red wines of the Velarino line can now be tasted.
Nero di Troia Puglia IGT
- GRAPES: Uva di Troia
- APPELLATION PUGLIA IGT
- PRODUCTION AREA: Apulia
- CLIMATE: The climate is warm and temperate, with abundant rainfall throughout the year. In summer, the African winds cause a rapid and marked rise in temperatures with significant temperature fluctuations.
- HARVEST: Third decade of September
- STORAGE TIME: 8/10 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 18/20 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14,5% Vol
- Deep, dark red
- Perfumes of ripe, red fruits and purple flowers reach us and leave spicy notes of liquorice
- An elegant and determined taste of tannin
- Ideal for first courses and grilled, red meat
The grapes are machine harvested and hand picked in proportions determined by vintage conditions. They are then crushed and destemmed. The maceration and fermentation process are characterised by repeated gentle punch-downs resulting in a better extraction of colour and tannins without extracting unwanted vegetal aromas. During the whole process, the integrity of the grape skins is highly important. After the pressing process, the wine is then aged in 25 and 50hl tanks.