Tordelcolle The profile of Abruzzo, Molise and Apulia could have been drawn by a stylist to make Italy look like a masterpiece: the “heel” that makes the Italian “boot” unique. Elegant heels can turn sporty or bold ones can become romantic thanks to a detail that makes the difference. The heel of the Italian “boot” is made of three beautiful regions. Starting from L’Aquila, reaching Campobasso and arriving in Bari, we discover gentle hills that become wonderful beaches as we approach the sea. Here we can also explore ancient ruins reminding us the splendour of the rich castles that once dominated these territories. The brand name “Tordelcolle” is a tribute to the magnificence of ruins, that from their highness could dominate the whole area. This brand aims to express the culture, the unique food tradition of the Italian “heel”, where wines have a distinctive, definite flavour as their territory.
Biferno DOC Riserva
- GRAPES: Montepulciano, Aglianico
- APPELLATION BIFERNO DOC RISERVA
- PRODUCTION AREA: Molise
- CLIMATE: Mild winters and hot and dry summers along the coast; and cool and damp climate the closer we get to the Apennine mountains.
- HARVEST: End of September / beginning of October
- STORAGE TIME: 6/7 Years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 18/20 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13% Vol
- Bright and intense red colour which becomes garnet with ageing
- Pleasant, characteristic and ethereal bouquet
- Dry, velvety, tannic and well-balanced on the palate
- Ideal with roasted red and white meat, poultry, game
The harvested, destemmed and soft pressed grapes make a pre-fermentative maceration at 3-4 °C in order to extract the characteristic aromas; fermentation and macerations last 15/20 days at a controlled temperature 24/26 °C, at the end of this step the alcoholic and malolactic fermentation are completed. The wine obtained is aged for at least 36 months.