- GRAPES: Montepulciano
- APPELLATION MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO DOC RISERVA
- PRODUCTION AREA: Abruzzo
- CLIMATE: Classic Mediterranean climate with warm, dry summers and mild and rainy winters. In winter, despite the mitigating presence of the sea, cold spells from the Balkans can occur, with snow also along the coasts.
- HARVEST: End of September/ beginning of October
- STORAGE TIME: 5/6 Years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 18/20 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13,5% Vol
- Deep ruby red colour with garnet flecks tending to purple with ageing
- Intense, vinous bouquet with an immediate cherry flavour changing to notes of blackberries and liquorice with bottle age
- Dry and herbaceous on the palate, it becomes round full-bodied and more balanced with age
- Ideal accompaniment to roasts, games, grilled meats and firm cheeses
The harvested and destemmed grapes have been vinified with 7/8 days of maceration in order to extract colour and structure. The alcoholic and malolactic fermentation are made in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature 25/27 °C.
The wine obtained is aged at least 24 months of which 9 in wooden barrels.