Lupo Meraviglia The peculiarity of this wine, obtained from a blend of Negroamaro and Malvasia Nera, relies in its vinification method which involves the use of millstones during the fermentation process. These ancestral elements had been used in Apulia since the first wine-making experiences, and various archaeological findings attested their presence in the Salento area. They were made of stone and their characteristic shape (low, wide and completely open) allowed a better contact between the must and the skins with respect to the traditional wi-nemaking methods, improving the dissolution of oxygen during the fermentation process. Nowadays, the grapes are vinified inside the “modern” stainless steel millstones, whose shape and characteristics mirror the original ones. The wine obtained, with no oak refining, has a great structure, concentration and a very high persistence; the complete extraction of all the skins parts and the greater dissolution of oxygen during the fermentation process result in more mature tannins, which become less aggressive and more long-lasting.
Uno di Uno Puglia IGT Vermentino
- GRAPES: Vermentino
- APPELLATION PUGLIA IGT
- PRODUCTION AREA: Apulia
- CLIMATE: The climate is warm and temperate, with abundant rainfall throughout the year. In summer, the African winds cause a rapid and marked rise in temperatures with significant temperature fluctuations.
- HARVEST: End September
- STORAGE TIME: 2 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 10/12 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12,5% Vol
- Straw yellow with green reflections
- Fruity aromas, notes of cedar and white peach, apricot and apple
- On the palate it is warm with a well balanced acidity
- Ideal for enhancing Mediterranean dishes based on fish and shellfish
The grapes are soft-pressed and the must obtained ferments for 15/20 days at a controlled temperature, 15/17 °C, in stainless steel tanks. The wine is then stored at 18/20 °C in steel tanks until the bottling time.