Primitivo Di Manduria DOC
- GRAPES: Primitivo
- APPELLATION PRIMITIVO DI MANDURIA DOC
- PRODUCTION AREA: Apulia
- CLIMATE: The climate is warm and temperate, with abundant rainfall throughout the year. In summer, the African winds cause a rapid and marked rise in temperatures with significant temperature fluctuations.
- HARVEST: First 10 days of September
- STORAGE TIME: 5-6 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 18/20 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14% Vol
- Intense purple colour, tending towards amber with ageing
- The bouquet gives notes of varietal fruits
- This wine has a very solid structure due to the elevated alcohol and the balance between the soft tannins and acidity
- Great wine for roasted and grilled meats. Ideal with game dishes. Excellent with mature hard cheeses
Destemmed and soft pressed grapes are vinified by using the traditional “submerged cap” system, carefully controlled in order to extract delicate tannins and varietal fruit characteristics. Fermentation and macerations last 12/15 days at a controlled temperature not exceeding 28°C. Alcoholic and malolactic fermentation are completed.