- GRAPES: Glera
- APPELLATION PROSECCO DOC
- PRODUCTION AREA: Veneto
- CLIMATE: Temperate, mitigated by the sea, the chain of the Alps protects it from the northern winds. Winters are cold and wet, summers are hot and sultry with medium temperature excursions.
- HARVEST: Second half of September
- STORAGE TIME: 2 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 8/10 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 11% Vol
- Fine bright perlage, delicate creamy foam, pale light yellow color
- Delicate and complex bouquet with fruity notes that remind of peach, green apple and lemon. Floral notes of acacia and rose flowers combined with a light spicy Mediterranean bouquet
- Fresh and soft taste with well balance acidity and sapidity. Harmonic with a long and permanent mouth
- Ideal as an aperitif, it is a perfect accompaniment to hors-d’oeuvres and delicate first courses. Also wonderful with fish and shellfish
The soft pressed juice is stored in stainless steel tanks for static cold decanting. Once the clean juice is racked and inoculated with selected yeasts, it will go through fermentation at a controlled constant temperature of 18°C within 8/10 days.
After a storage period, the winemaker studies a skilled coupage to achieve the Prosecco Spumante base cuvée.
Subsequently the base wine is filtered and additioned of saccharose and selected yeasts to undergo second fermentation (Martinotti – Charmat method) at a controlled temperature of 14-15°C in a pressure tank. Once required pressure, alcohol and sugar level are reached the wine is refrigerated, cold stabilized (-2/-3°C), filtered and controlled before bottling.