- GRAPES: Primitivo
- APPELLATION SALENTO IGT
- PRODUCTION AREA: Apulia Region, Salento area: Province of Lecce, Taranto, Brindisi
- CLIMATE: Warm and temperate, with significant rainfall all year round. During the summer the African winds cause rapid and marked rise of the thermometer and high temperature variation
- HARVEST: First half of September
- STORAGE TIME: 7 years if correctly cellared
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 18/20 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13% Vol
- Deep ruby red colour tending towards amber with ageing
- In youth it has fresh, varietal aromas that become more complex with the time
- Varietal characters are especially blackberry, cherries and ripe fruits in general. A very interesting structure is achieved due to the good balance between the soft tannins and acidity.
- It matches well with mature hard cheeses, roasted pork, beef steaks and all game dishes
The first part of the grapes are harvested, destemmed and vinified with 7/8 days of maceration in order to extract colour and structure. The alcoholic and
malolactic fermentation are made in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature 25/27 °C. The second part of the grapes is left on vineyards for about 10 days in order to
have a late harvest; these grapes follow the traditional red vinification.