La Di Motte La di Motte, wines that are born in a land dedicated to viticulture on the border between Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia. Enclosed in the name a reference to the morphology of the ground, MOTTE is a term used in toponymy to identify small land elevations and LA DI, which in Friulian dialect means “at home of”, an explicit invitation to enter the world of these wines, undisputed milestones of a thin border line.
Merlot Friuli DOC Grave
- GRAPES: Merlot
- APPELLATION FRIULI DOC GRAVE
- PRODUCTION AREA: Friuli Region
- CLIMATE: Temperate, mitigated by the sea, the chain of the Alps protects it from the northern winds. Winters are cold and wet, summers are hot and sultry with medium temperature excursions.
- HARVEST: First ten days of September
- STORAGE TIME: 2 years
- BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- SERVING. TEMP.: 10/12 °C
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13% Vol
- Deep red colour
- This wine has an elegant boquet, typical varietal aromas with hints of hay
- Soft on the palate with well-balanced acidity
- Great wine for roasted or grilled meats. Excellent with grilled meats game and hard cheeses
The harvested and destemmed grapes have been vinified with 7/8 days of maceration in order to extract colour and structure. The alcoholic and malolactic fermentation are made in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature 25/27 °C.